Household Management Tip #1

Friday, January 20, 2012

When I moved into my home, the first thing the man and I did was tear out the majority of the carpet. We both have pretty bad allergies, and living with dogs and cats made wall to wall carpet a pretty terrible idea. So we replaced the builders beige carpet with dark wide-plank hand-scraped wood, leaving only the bedrooms with carpet. Recently, my craft room carpet was met with acrylic craft paint. Hot pink paint, actually, and dead center in the room. Tiny splotches of pink all over, made it look like a Barbie massacre. Determined to find a solution short of ripping it out, I found a very simple cleaning technique using basic rubbing alcohol.

Here's my hot pink stain and the only supplies you'll need: Isopropyl Alcohol and a cotton rag.

Pour plenty of alcohol over the acrylic paint and rub liberally. Make sure you change up the spot on the rag so you don't smear the paint around.

In about 5 minutes, the stain was gone!

While the method isn't foolproof, I'm sure there's some materials you may want to avoid, it definitely worked in this case! Now to clean up the 100 other spots!

2 comments:

Angela Alpaugh said...

I have named your blog to The Southern Fried Bride's "I Do Declare" blog roll!

Simplyheather said...

That's a good idea! Thanks for sharing (:

http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment